Well, Elder Clearwater is doing amazing!,

A friend, through a long chain of events, came across Nick's companions blog! It's so fun to be able to hear  his mission from another point of view, if you care to read, here it is!
http://ElderScottMessick.blogspot.com/


(and just for fun, here is the last picture WE got to take of Elder Clearwater)




Easter is always a sweet time. Six years ago at this same time, on Easter, we went to visit my Grandpa in the rest home. As we went in, we realized these were some of his last moments. But it was a wonderful blessing, remembering what Easter is all about. Easter is about the Resurrection of Christ. And its about the blessing we will receive someday also, the blessing of resurrection. So although that was a hard day, and although, at the time, I didn't have this perspective. Looking back though, I see the loving tender mercies the Lord gives to us. He wants to give us comfort. He knew this would impact us greatly, but he gave us the remembrance of Easter, that we will all live again eternally with our families.


I am so blessed to have The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in my life. There are so many things in life that bring you down. And most people let these things bring them down, but there is so much knowledge out there about life and our real purpose here on earth that gives so much hope. There was a funny thing I read a while back that said,
"Atheism
The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason, creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs. Makes perfect sense."


It's so true and funny. People really believe that is what happened. I wonder what these people think about life, and the purpose of it. Maybe that's why society is changing to rapidly. Because people aren't being taught to believe in anything. They are taught, find something that can bring you immediate happiness. And satan has sure created a lot of immediate happiness things. And well, these aren't really things that make you happy, they... please you. They only way to have true happiness is to have a family around you and to serve them and others around you.


Today in sunday-school our teacher told us he was asked a quite profound question. He was asked, "Why is Mitt Romney's Religion so controversial?" It took us back. We didn't really know what to say. I ended up suggesting that we turn the question around back on her because, I personally don't think it is controversial. In reality, I am wondering the same thing, why is it so controversial? What is it about "mormons" that people don't like? If you have an answer, do share. Then I will show you my friends satire project, it is quite funny, but also eye opening.

Comments

Popular Posts