the can't complex.
well I must say that it has been far too long.
In this past while, so much has happened; Christmas, New Years,
I moved out, a new semester,
and me taking to heart a little to much the lessons of my childhood that
"can't is a swear word"
I can see in my head how I can do it all, and do it all perfectly.
That's all it takes right?
Visualization?
hahaha
Although that principle is extremely important, of perseverance and dedication...
there is more to life.
Here I am writing about learning the art of living, and for the past few weeks,
I haven't even truly been living.
I guess that is the process of learning
It is true that we can do whatever we set our minds to.
But at what cost?
These first weeks of the new year I set some amazing goals,
but I definitely bit off more than I could chew.
Adding (many) extra hours to work, accounting and econ,
daily gym time, perfect grades, paying for school
(working every extra second I get/saving every penny),
eating healthy and at home... oh, hah and have a social life.
There just aren't enough hours in the day.
And I just kept thinking, do all you can and let that be enough.
And then when I got to my "i can't" point, I remembered my childhood phrase and said,
NOPE! YOU CAN!
And then I die...
hah
at least emotionally, cause I really shouldn't/couldn't
and then i let both statements get in my head,
both that I can, and I can't.
and with that... you go nuts.
TA-DA!
moral of the story is,
(p.s. i am sure i sound like a broken record with how much i talk about perfectionism)
keep trying. be believing. be happy. don't get discouraged.
everything will work out.
-Gordon B. Hinkley
if a prophet said it, it must be true.
(and i can tell you from experience that it is)
don't think too far into the future. take the weight of
next week/month off of your shoulders. you can carry that next week.
and make sure to find time for your happiness.
know when you have reached your dedication limit and
........
indulge!
spend money eating yummy food.
or watch a movie/show.
or go out in nature.
or go exercise.
or take a nap.
{there are many other options, these just happen to be my favorites}
pass your trial of faith by trusting in God instead of
trying to get life all done, and done well.
one last thought. even c's get degrees. and once that degree is had,
no one cares a hoot about grades.
mandy

Comments