well that was a shock...

I just barley had my first day in french class... and well... that is a lot of french for a girl who has only heard "pas de chat" and "tendu." I know I shouldn't be a quitter and I should stick to my guns... but she asked me a question and the only reason I could kind of answer it was because it sounded the same in spanish and cause I looked at the girls paper next to me... {sorry...} It was how to say y in french. Spanish sounds like "ee-gree-ay-ga" and french is "ee-greek" or "ee-greck" one of the two.. and that was all I understood and got out of class. {which was actually probably a lot for a first class I know}

Now I know if I really wanted to I could get my brain together and learn french but I still have my mom and dads pep talks {about how useful spanish is in the world} in my head and it's pushing me to want to transfer to a spanish class {which I took for 2 [kind of 3] years in high school}. I would do great. I have a basic {very basic} understanding of spanish and I could pick up where I left off... could't I? 

So this is my dilemma, do I become a quitter/wimp on the first day of class and switch to spanish, or do I stick with my gut from summer and take french? If you have any advice for me I would be more than grateful for a comment or 2 or 3... {please be kind to my stressed and confused soul} 

p.s. i just checked and there is an spanish class that could fit in my schedule and I think i could get in by talking to the professor.

Comments

Popular Posts