the avett brothers got it right...

"I wanna have pride like my mother has, and not like the kind in the bible that turns you bad."

I have recently been realizing my own pride more and more, and it's almost like the more I know about it, the less I want to let it go. Because some forms of pride aren't bad... (at least I don't think so) but also, it feels good. It feels good to be right, or better. and I know that that's a terrible thing to say, but ya know... it's true... But I also know I need to be humble. I hear that little voice in my head when i'm being prideful and I know i am really going to need to work on it. but in the end it'll be worth it. (i just know it)

So if you ever are with me and I am being a big prideful beast, whisper a little something in my ear. Yes, it'll probably make me angry and I may freak out, but by the end of the night I promise I will apologize and thank you.


ever learning,

the little sis.

Comments

Popular Posts