my mindful body wk 1.1

Last week I got to spend some time with my family, and after discussing my {not-so} mindful body my mom taught me some thing great, that I think not only going perfectly with what Jenny wants to come across in this course, but is exactly what I need.

After mentioning that after a long day, all I want is a BIG chocolate chip cookie from Chip (go try it) or a Blizzard. My mom responded saying something like, "I was just the same, I would need that jolt of something to get be through, but then I'd feel like crap, both mentally and physically. So instead, I'd save the $5-$10 That I would spend on these treats, and instead, at the end of the week, or month or whenever, I would treat myself to a massage, or getting my nails done. Something that makes me feel more put together, not something that is a quick fix." 
- in other words, I think my mom and sisters have been talking.


day 1: Jenny is so wise. I mean, not to brag because she's family, but you can tell she has really applied all of these tactics in her life and works to be flexible.
--- today I did workout IV. Nothing felt too foreign but I definitely feel my lack of endurance in certain areas. 
Overall, I am definitely just starting the journey. I have made a lot of progress in my previous 24 years, -i never indulged in diets or workout fads- but I have always struggled to be consistent so as we get to the goals portion that'll definitely be on there.

 Seeing as I started a little late in the day, here is my plan for tomorrow, I am going to start my day with a meditation. Before I'm up and brushing my teeth, but after my brain realizes it awake. And also I am going to print off the workbook and ponder over it. 

1: start with the meditation
2: ponder over workbook
3: do one of the shorter workouts


Comments

Popular Posts