hey there.
Sorry I forgot about you last week, It was unintentional, I swear. It's just been a crazy few weeks with school and work and all that jazz. But it's been so fun! I am loving it!
My classes are fun during the class time but I am not really loving all of the reading I have to do. The strange thing is, I prefer to read the text book then an actual novel. For some reason, every time I sit down to read this one book, I would do almost anything to no longer be reading it. So I am still stuck somewhere in the middle of chapter 1...
I am loving work so much. The girls are so fun and they aren't as distracted because their days have more structure now that they are back in school. I get to start choreography soon and that is always the best! I get to be the fun young teachers I have always loved who are fun but you know when they mean business.
The only issue I am having right now is getting myself to remember this.
"Mandy, you are going to college so you can learn all the things you need to know to run your own studio and for your knowledge in the eternities."
Well, theres that tangent. Want some pictures? Sure you do. Here you go.
Well, although I want to move on through life, I have decided it's probably best to just enjoy everything going on around me and be grateful for it all!!
I hope you are having a magnificent life!
Take luck,
the little sis.
My classes are fun during the class time but I am not really loving all of the reading I have to do. The strange thing is, I prefer to read the text book then an actual novel. For some reason, every time I sit down to read this one book, I would do almost anything to no longer be reading it. So I am still stuck somewhere in the middle of chapter 1...
I am loving work so much. The girls are so fun and they aren't as distracted because their days have more structure now that they are back in school. I get to start choreography soon and that is always the best! I get to be the fun young teachers I have always loved who are fun but you know when they mean business.
The only issue I am having right now is getting myself to remember this.
"Mandy, you are going to college so you can learn all the things you need to know to run your own studio and for your knowledge in the eternities."
Sounds a little hokey, but honestly, thats the only thing that'll keep me focused. All I want right now is to work, a lot at Jazz'n Place and teach and get experience and then buy a place so I can start running my own studio!!(remember, this is still dream land, my blog, my rules)
In my studio(someday...) dance will not be a sport. It has become that around the world and I don't really like it. Yes, it is a great physical activity, but now it's all about who is the best or who's leg is higher or who is doing the most pirouettes. We as dancers are completely losing the art. (okay, I maybe am being a bit dramatic, but still... it's happening) So yes, I will teach my dancers to have IMPECCABLE technique, but I will really try to push them to create from it. I don't think dance should just be about watching and thinking WOW! POP! ZAP! WACCO JACCO! ZIPPP! Maybe that helps in creating the impeccable technique but dance is an art form.
Maybe I am just a harsh critic on everything, but art is only art if it is trying to say something. And not just this looked cool(unless it is REALLY cool). Some people(in my harsh critical eye) have been throwing together shapes on a paper or in steel or on a body and morphing shapes together. Yeah thats "cool" and all, but what good does it do?
So I guess alls I'm gunna try'n do, is bring meaning to the movement of dance.
Well, theres that tangent. Want some pictures? Sure you do. Here you go.
| Daddy's the big 53. He doesn't look it one bit, does he? |
| Paint Twister!! WOOT! |
![]() |
| Just fun:) |
![]() |
| haha Dain and I ate more food in the Cannon Center... We are great buds :) |
![]() |
| Okay, I just feel cool for being in this picture... |
Well, although I want to move on through life, I have decided it's probably best to just enjoy everything going on around me and be grateful for it all!!
I hope you are having a magnificent life!
Take luck,
the little sis.




Comments